Obstinate pain affects millions of Americans daily and costs individuals and businesses billions of dollars yearly via medical expenses and lost productivity.
Progressive Health Physicians provide a comprehensive approach to pain management. This includes working with your patients by addressing any physical, emotional, or psychological difficulty the chronic pain has caused. Our goal at Progressive Health is to:
- Enrich quality of life – physical, emotional and occupational
- Provide medical regimens personalized to reduce the dependence on medications
- Reduce medical expenses
- Utilize minimally invasive methods
We understand that pain management is complicated for both the doctor and patient. For the patient, suffering with the pain can be so debilitating that many forms of management may become obsolete over time. This is difficult for doctors because it can be difficult to initially diagnose the cause of the pain, and sometimes the management is multifaceted.
There are those who are fortunate and once their disease is diagnosed accurately, it is managed in such a way that the pain diminishes. However, those who will require the continued need for pain management will need the help of a specialist.
We know the importance for the physician to understand the following:
- Educating the patient about breakthrough pain
- Unexpected responses to proper pain management plans
- Assessing the patient for depression or anxiety
- Addressing the impact of pain management on the patient’s day to day life
- Understanding when a patient becomes dependent or addicted to pain medications
- Knowing when a patient is non-compliant
- And the patient’s full past medical history
With careful diagnosis and combination of methods of treatments, there is an outstanding chance of improving your patient’s pain and improving quality of life. Aside from medications, there are other therapies targeted and specialized for the type of pain your patients are experiencing. Our physicians offer a comprehensive pain management model with state-of-the-art treatments, techniques and medications. We will work with patients to accommodate their financial needs to our best ability. We accept most private insurance, Medicare and Workers’ Compensation. If you have any questions about pain management, please contact us today.